Thursday, May 20, 2010

As Planned

Week 11
Weight: 141 lbs!
Lbs lost: 45 lbs!
Lbs to go: 20!

Nothing this week has gone as planned. Nothing.

I had to take 2 days off unexpectedly because I had a cyst removed from my leg from the dermatologist.

I get ready to leave the house for a workout at 6am then the kids have another idea and I don't get to work out until 3 hours later.

I get all psyched up to take my fast twitch class and it's a sub that makes the class so miserable I walk out after 10 minutes.

I go for a run and I end up seeing my sister and we end up walking and talking instead (which was actually really nice. With her 3 kids and my 2, we rarely talk even though we live 2 miles apart).

Yet...I still lost some weight. Why? How? Because I still managed to get in what I could. 20 mins here, 20 mins there...Mostly just running b/c I never made it to the gym. My legs are tired but I kept just going out and walking and jogging as much as I can whenever I can throughout the day. All with one kid or another, before they wake or after they go to bed. It's all around their schedules and meal times. But I kept plugging along instead of giving up and saying I'll try again tomorrow.

Because tomorrow may be even worse.

And it is paying off.

This morning I got a compliment while dropping my son off at school. Another mom said I was 'glowing'. Now, I understand the mom code. We tell pregnant people they look great and new moms they look amazing for just having a kid. Even if they don't.

Did I say: "oh me? no way! I was up changing sheets at 2 am and feeding a baby at 3am! I look a mess!" (because I was)

Or do I say: "thank you!! I feel amazing! It feels so good to be active again!".

I replied with the latter. Because I am not going to downplay how hard I am working. I am not going to belittle myself. I am not going to lie and try and be humble. Most women cannot take a compliment. When we say something negative in response to someone giving us positive feedback about ourselves, it is sad and unnecessary. So I vow to be proud of how hard I am working and take compliments like they are meant.

And don't let that "lbs to lose: 20" fool you. That doesn't mean I will be happy when I lose 20 more lbs (see: 10 things I will never say), it just means that is my pre-TTC and pregnancy weight. That is the weight where I put on anything in my closet without having to change or worry about what I ate the night before. That is the weight I feel most active, healthy and comfortable. But I feel pretty darn good right now.

Despite all my plans for the past week falling through.


No comments:

Post a Comment