Thursday, April 22, 2010

Let 'em See You Sweat

Weight: 147 lbs!
Workout:
30 min run! 20 mins@6.0 mph/10 mins@6.5 mph
Hilly walk in afternoon with kids

Dead bug, rope climb, yoga stretches, plank on bosu with alternating knees, push ups on bosu 2x6

3 mini victories today:
1) 30 mins on tm! This is my new minimum
2) Was able to fit my arm band for my iPhone workout band around my arm! (didn't fit around my bicep when I was pregnant)
3) Was able to lay straight back down from sitting. Prior to today I had to roll to my side b/c my abs were so weak.

Diet:
Turkey sausage, zone bar, hot dog and mac and cheese with coke, 3 hour old cold waffle fries, couple bites of chicken salad, couple M&M's (there is and always will be daily chocolate).


I am thrilled to be where I am right now. Not in terms of weight but of energy and physical ability. I smiled the entire time I was on the treadmill today. The key for me is to not push myself past what I feel is healthy but to appreciate what my body can do. I have been able to take it further today b/c I just felt good. Now that I know I can do it, that is my new minimum. There are two rules for my weight loss at this stage:

1) SWEAT. Lucky for me it doesn't take much right now. I sweat within the first 2 mins of a workout. But as my body gets stronger, it will take more to make me sweat. I must sweat at every workout. Otherwise, why bother? Talking on the phone or reading a magazine for 2 hours while walking on the tm is a waste of time. I would rather focus, sweat for 20 mins and make it count. You cannot lose weight unless you learn to let 'em see you sweat.

2) CONSISTENCY. You cannot lose weight if you are 'good' for a week, then take a week off. 'Good' for 2 days, take 3 days off. At this stage I must do something every day. I must go for my walk or get on the TM everyday. Currently, the duration is so short that I can do this without hurting myself. As the intensity and duration changes I will adjust the schedule. But for now, everyday. UNLESS.... you need to learn to listen to your body. There is a difference between sleep deprived, tired, emotionally drained and downright exhaustion and unhealthy. 90% of the time I feel the former. But when I feel the later you better believe I listen to my body and rest. If you don't feel better after your workout than you did prior to it, then it's time to take a break.

Sweat and consistency. That is all that matters in this stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment